Who should attend
Our abrasive wheel training courses are suitable for all operators, managers and supervisors, who as part of their working duties select, mount, specify or use abrasive wheels as defined in PUWER Regulations 1998.
To enable candidates to work safely, to provide an understanding of current legislation and promote awareness of the dangers and hazards of abrasive wheels and host equipment.
- Health & Safety at Work
- Employer Duties & Employee Duties (HSG 17)
- PPE / PUWER
- Use of Equipment – Controls, stop, start and safe use
- Changing of Abrasive Wheels
- Abrasive Wheels – Physical checks, storage, handling, , blade types and speeds
- Practical Assessment in the safe mounting of the wheel / disc and use of the machine.